Governments of all towns, all sub-district offices, departments of district government and organs directly under the district government:
The Administration Measures for Review of Zengcheng District Mayor Quality Award has been approved by the District Government and is hereby issued. Please organize and implement it carefully. If there are any problems encountered in the implementation process, please report it directly to the Administration for Market Regulation of Zengcheng District.
Government Office of Zengcheng District, Guangzhou City
May 18, 2020
The Administration Measures for Review of Zengcheng District Mayor Quality Award
Chapter I General Provisions
1. TheMeasures are formulated in accordance with theProduct Quality Law of the People's Republic of China, Quality Development Outline (2011-2020) of the State Council, The Administration Measures for Review of Guangdong Provincial Government Quality Award (Yue Fu Ban  No. 91), The Administration Measures for Review of Guangzhou Mayor Quality Award (Sui Fu Ban Gui  No. 15) and in combination with light of the actual situation of the district so as to guide and encourage enterprises or organizations in the district to strengthen its quality management, improve the quality of products, services, projects and operations, and enhance the city's capacity for independent innovation and comprehensive competitiveness.
2. Zengcheng District Mayor Quality Award (hereinafter referred to as the District Mayor Quality Award), referred to in the measures, is the highest quality award established by the Government of Zengcheng District. It is commended and rewarded by the district government for the enterprises or organizations having outstanding achievements in quality management and operation performancethat are in a leading position in the district or in the country in the aspect of products, services, engineering quality, environmental protection and in pollution control, independent innovation and market competitiveness, and that are having a significant leading role in specific industry and have made outstanding contributions to the economic and social development of the district.
3. The review of District Mayor Quality Award shall follow the principles of science, impartiality, fairness and openness, and insist on the principles of “high standards, strict requirements, and selection of the best”, and on the rule of voluntary and free-of-charge without increasing the burden on enterprises or organizations.
4. District Mayor Quality Award shall, in principle, be awarded every two years and the total number of award-winning enterprises or organizations each timeshall be limited to no more than 8 entities each year, wherein thewinnersof District Mayor Quality Award shall not exceed 3 and that of the NominationAward of the District Mayor Quality Award shall not exceed 5. The above awards may not be fully issued.
5. The review criteria for the District Mayor Quality Award shall reflect progressiveness, scientificalness and effectiveness. The review criteria are mainly in accordance withGB/T19580 Criteria for Performance Excellence and GB/Z19579 Guidelines for the Criteria of Performance Excellence.
Chapter II Organization and Administration
6. The Committee of Review and Administration for District Mayor Quality Award (hereinafter referred to as the Review and Administration Committee) shall be established accordingly. The Vice District Mayor in charge shall serve as the Director of the Review and Administration Committee and the Chief person in charge of the Administration for Market Regulation of Zengcheng District shall serve as the Vice Director. Members of the Committee areselected from relevant persons in the following parties including Government Office of Zengcheng District, District Development and Reform Department, District Education Department, District Technology, Industry, Business and Information Technology Department, District Finance Department, District Human Resources and Social Security Department, Guangzhou Municipal Ecological Environment DepartmentZengcheng Sub-Department, District Housing and Urban-Rural Development Department, District Transport Department, District Agricultural and Rural Affairs Department, District Culture, Radio and Television, and Tourism Administration, District Health Department, District Market Regulatory Department, District Emergency Management Department, District Statistics Department, District Tax Service, District Federation of Industry and Commerce, etc.,and relevant experts. The list of members of the Review and Administration Committee shall be nominated by the Administration for Market Regulation of Zengcheng District with relevant entities and submitted to the Director of Review and Administration Committee for examination and approval.
The term of the members of Review and Administration Committee is from the date of the examination and approval, to the date of examination and approval of the nextsession of Review and Administration Committee. Members of the Committee of Review and Administration may continue in the next session.
The main responsibilities of the Review and Administration Committee include:
(1)Organize and coordinate the review of the District Mayor Quality Award, decide and handle major issues in the review process;
(2) Review and publicizethe Rule of Procedure of the Review and Administration Committee, the Rule of Procedure of the Secretariat for the Review and Administration Committee and the Rule of Administration of Reviewers and other work specifications;
(3) Review and publicize the review result, examine and decide and the list of to-be-awarded enterprises or organizations and submit it to the district government for the final examination and approval.
7. The Review and Administration Committee shall establish a secretariat (under the Administration for Market Regulation of Zengcheng District), as a specific office of the Review and Administration Committee. The secretariat is responsible for organizing and coordinating the daily management of review. The composition of the secretariat, working system, rules and other details shall be approved and published by the Review and Administration Committee.
The main responsibilities of the Secretariat of Review and Administration Committee include:
(1) Organizing, promoting and guiding the development of review activities of the District Mayor Quality Award;
(2) Proposing (revising)the Administration Measures for Review of District Mayor Quality Award and the corresponding administrative systems, etc;
(3) Openly recruit review experts from the public, establish an expert database, be responsible for the training and assessment of the review experts, and form an independent review expert group;
(4) Reporting the development of review activities to the Review and Administration Committee and submit the list of to-be-awarded candidates of enterprises or organizations to the Review and Administration Committee for review;
(5) Organizing the dissemination and promotion of advanced quality management methods, techniques and applied achievements.
8. Specific reviews, such as material review and on-site review, shall be carried out by the review expert group in accordance with the provisions.
9. The relevant district departments in charge and the district industry association shall be respectively responsible for the cultivation and recommendation of the declared enterprises in their own systems and industries.
Chapter III Requirements for Declaration
10. Enterprise or organization that applies for the District Mayor Quality Award must simultaneously meet the following requirements:
(1) Registered within the administrative area of the district for more than 2 years as an independent legal person;
(2) Comply with national, provincial, and municipal policies of industrial, environmental protection, quality, and production safety and other policies, wherein those listed in the scope of national compulsory supervision and management shall obtain relevant licenses;
(3) Possess a sound standard system, measurement assurance system and quality management system, implement an excellent performance management model and operate effectively, achieve outstanding quality management results, ranked in a leading position within and outside the district of products, services, engineering and management quality, as well as environmental protection and pollution control, independent innovation, brand strategy implementation, market competitiveness and other aspects;
(4) Have outstanding business performance or social contribution, wherein for enterprises or for-profit organizations, index including business scale, annual profits and taxation, and total asset contribution rate have been among the top in the industry in the past 3 years; for non-profit organizations, social contributions are among the forefront of the industry in the district and have endorsed recommendation by the relevant supervising department or industry chamber of commerce;
(5) Obtain good integrity record and social reputation and achieve high degree of customer satisfaction;
(6) Actively fulfill social responsibilities, and in the past 3 years, there have been no major or higher level accidents of quality, safety, environmental protection, health, etc, and no criminal or administrative penalty has been imposed for violation of laws, regulations and rules on production and operation, intellectual property rights, labor security, environmental protection, work safety, engineering construction, taxation, statistics, family planning, etc.
11. Anyone who meets one of the following conditions shall not apply for the District Mayor Quality Award:
(1) Those do not conform to the national, provincial, municipal, and district policies in industrial, environmental protection, quality, and production safety, etc;
(2)Those are listed in the scope of national compulsory supervision and management and did not obtain relevant licenses;
(3) Those have records of major or higher level liability accidents in quality, safety, health, environment, fire, traffic and other liability accidents (according to industry regulations) and records of law violations in service quality, human resources and social security, and production safety, etcin the past 3 years;
(4), Those have been found serious quality problemsin products, projects or services during selective examination conducted by the national, provincial or municipal Administration for Market Regulation and have been punished by relevant departmentsin the past 3 years;
(5) Those have fraud and falsification actions in participation of the review activities of the District Mayor Quality Award;
(6) Those are unwilling to taketheir social responsibilities;
(7) Those violates other laws and regulations.
12. Those enterprises or organizations that have received the China Quality Award, Guangdong Provincial Government Quality Award or Guangzhou Mayor Quality Awardshall not apply for the Zengcheng District Mayor Quality Award.
Chapter IV Review Procedure
13. Eachsession of review shall be conducted according to the following procedures:
(1) Publicity of matters relating to the review.
The Secretariat of Review and Administration Committee publishes the work plan of review and the related requirements.
On a voluntary basis, the enterprise or organization shall truthfully fill in the declaration form and submit self-review report and relevant materials to the secretariat on the prescribed date. (Completed within 2 months from the date of declaration)
(3) Preliminary Examination of Materials.
The Secretariat of the Review and Administration Committee shall, in conjunction with the relevant departments, conduct qualification examination to determine a list of enterprises or organizations that meet the eligibility for declaration. (Completed within 30 working days from the closing date of declaration)
(4) Materials Review.
The review expert group shall review the declaration materials according to the review criteria and other review requirements. A material review report shall be formed accordingly and shall be sorted by score. The list of candidates for on-site review shall then be proposed (usually no more than 20). (Completed within 45 working days after the Preliminary Examination of Materials is completed)
(5) On-site Review.
The review expert group shall conduct on-site review for the candidate enterprises or organizations and form an on-site review report. (Completed within 45 working days after the Review of Materials is completed)
(6) Comprehensive Assessment.
On the basis of the materials review report and on-site review report, and considering the industry’s representative of each candidate, the secretariat shall propose a recommend list of award-winning enterprises or organizations and submit the list to the Review and Administration Committee for examination. (Completed within 25 working days after completion of on-site review)
(7) Review and Publicity.
The review activities report, alongside the list of recommended award-winning enterprises or organizations, submitted by the secretariat, will be reviewed and discussed by the Review and Administration Committee. The list of preliminary selection of award-winning enterprises or organizations will be determined by the Committee and will be publicized to the public for a period of 15 days. The secretariat is responsible for receiving and verifying complaints during the publicity period and submits a written verification report to the Review and Administration Committee. (Completed within 20 working days from the date of publicity)
(8) Examination and Approval.
Based on the publicity, the Review and Administration Committee will review and determine the list of award-winning enterprises or organizations and submit the list to the district government for final review, and the list will be eventually publicized to the public. (Completed within 45 working days from the end of publicity)
Chapter V Incentives and Funds
14. The district government shall issue certificates and medals to the enterprises or organizations winning the District Mayor Quality Award and give each award-winning enterprise or organization a one-time award of 500,000 Yuan; Certificates and medals shall also be given to the enterprises or organizations that have won the Nomination Award of District Mayor Quality Award, and each enterprise or organization may receive a one-time award of 60,000 Yuan.
15. For enterprises or organizations that have won the China Quality Award, the Guangdong Provincial Government Quality Award, and Guangzhou Mayor Quality Award, a one-time award of 300,000 Yuan, 200,000 Yuan, and 100,000 Yuanshall be given respectively. The relevant incentives and funds shall be arranged by the district government separately.
16. The incentive funds shall all be arranged by the district finance system. The review funds shall be coordinated and settled from the work funds of aDistrict Strong on Quality program.
17. The award funds shall be mainly used for the continuous improvement of the quality management of the award-winning enterprises or organizations. For individual who has made outstanding achievements in quality management, the award funds for this particular individual shall be limited to no more than 50% of the total award fund.
18. Enterprises or organizations that have won the District Mayor Quality Award shall not re-apply based on the same award-winning work within 5 years of winning the award.
Chapter VI Promotion and Application
19.The Secretariat of Review and Administration Committee shall, together with the relevant departments, focus on promoting the application of the model of performance excellence in the fields of modern service industry, advanced manufacturing industry, engineering construction, health care, education and public services, to promote the improvement of product, service, engineering and operation quality.
20. The relevant departments shall increase support for quality improvement and innovative activities, and actively publicize and disseminate the advanced experience and achievements of the award-winning entities.
21. The relevant departments shall encourage the development of basic research, application promotion, consultation and evaluation, personnel training and international cooperation activities related to quality management.
22. The award-winning entities shall, in accordance with the promotion plan of the Secretariat of Review and Administration Committee, publicize and share their successful experiences in quality management, and actively fulfill their social responsibilities and play a leading role as role models, to promote the improvement of the overall level of the district for quality management.
Chapter VII Supervision and Administration
23. If any enterprise or organization wins the District Mayor Quality Award and Nomination Award of District Mayor Quality Award by falsification, fraud or unfair means, the Review and Administration Committee shall request the district government to revoke its District Mayor Quality Award and Nomination Award thereof, withdraw the certificate and medal, reclaim the funds and publicize such behavior to the public. The enterprise or organization shall not participate in the review of the District Mayor Quality Award ever after.
24. If any of the following circumstances occurs in the award-winning enterprise or organization, the Secretariat of Review and Administration Committee shall request the Review and Administration Committee to report to the district government for the revocation of the District Mayor Quality Award and Nomination Award thereof, withdrawal of certificate and medal, and reveal of such behavior to the public. The enterprise or organization shall not apply for the District Mayor Quality Award for the following two consecutive sessions:
(1) Major accident in areas including quality, production safety, environmental pollution, and health occurs;
(2) The quality of products, services or projects is unstable and is judged to be seriously unqualified in a selective examination of state, provincial or municipal quality supervision; or there is major consumer complaint; or quality accidents occurs in construction projects; or serious violation of environmental protection laws and regulations happens;
(3) A quality problem of products, services and projects has been reported or claimed by foreign countries, causing great damage to the image and reputation of China;
(4) The commodities or services provided are determined by the People’s Court or a relevant department of the government to have committed acts of fraud against consumers, thereby causing serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of consumers;
(5) Criminal responsibility has been investigated by the judiciary organs due to a major violation of intellectual property rights;
(6) Improper operation and management resulting in serious operating losses;
(7) Other major issues that violate the purposes and principles of the District Mayor Quality Award.
25. The award-winning enterprises or organizations shall indicate the year of award in publicity, but the award-winning title must not be marked on the product or its packaging.
26. The organs and personnel undertaking the task of reviewing the District Mayor Quality Award shall strictly observe their work discipline, keep the business secrets of the enterprises or organizations in accordance with law, be fair and honest, and conduct the review in strict accordance with relevant regulations and procedures.
Institutions or individuals in the course of review whoabuse theirright, neglect their own duties, engage in malpractices for personal gain or cause adverse effects shall be disqualified from the work of review and shall be brought to the attention of their competent department or employee to investigate the matter in accordance with law and regulations. If the action is found to be a crime, criminal responsibility shall be investigated according to law.
27. Except for the organization as prescribed in the measures for review and approval of the District Mayor Quality Award, no other organization or individual in the district shall conduct such review activities.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Articles
28. The Measures shall go into effect as of the date of publication and be valid for 5 years. The Measures may be assessed and amended in accordance with the law and the implementation situationin the case of changes in relevant legal basisor expiration. The formerCircular on Issuing the Administration Measures for Review of Zengcheng District Mayor Quality Award by the Government of Zengcheng District, Guangzhou City(Zeng Fu Ban Gui  No. 3) shall be repealed at the same time.
Office of Government of Zengcheng District, Guangzhou City